Researchers can become involved through membership on our working groups, applying for a pilot project with one of our Genetic Research Center PIs, or applying for an ancillary R01/R21. If you are interested in participating on a working group please contact Yashoda Sharma . Additional details on the pilot and ancillary studies can be found under Researchers portal.
Analytic Chair: Talin Haritunians PhD (Cedars Sinai Medical Center), Co-chair: Mark Daly PhD (Broad/Harvard) The Analytic group serves as a forum for active, ongoing scientific exchange. Here junior investigators and analysts are invited to present pilot studies and gain insight with experimental and analytic plans, and develop these into funding applications.
- African American Genetics This working group is analyzing sequencing and genotyping data from African American cases and controls.
- Principal Investigators: Steve Brant (Rutgers GRC), Subra Kugathasan (Emory University), Dermot McGovern (Cedars Sinai GRC)
- Primary Analysts: Dave Cutler PhD, Talin Haritunians PhD, Claire Simpson PhD
- Members: Dalin Li PhD, David Okou PhD, Phil Schumm MS, Yashoda Sharma PhD
- Ashkenazi Jewish Genetics This working group is analyzing sequencing and genotyping data from Ashkenazi Jewish cases and controls.
- Principal Investigators: Judy Cho (MSSM GRC), Dermot McGovern (Cedars Sinai GRC)
- Primary Analysts: Talin Haritunians PhD, Yuval Itan PhD
- Members: Mamta Giri MS, Aayushee Jain MS, Dalin Li PhD, Inga Peter PhD, Phil Schumm MS, Yashoda Sharma PhD
Clinical Translation Chair: Mark Lazarev MD (Johns Hopkins Medicine), Dermot McGovern MD (Cedars Sinai Medical Center) The Clinical Translation group is charged with evaluating and validating the phenotype collection forms and phenotyping manual, and designing and evaluating clinical translational studies.
- CD Ileal Post-Op Recurrence This working group will explore the genetic, microbial, gene expression and serological factors associated with ileal inflammation in the context of Crohn’s disease (CD) following ileal resection. This study will also investigate mechanistic pathways in disease pathogenesis.
- Principal Investigators: Judy Cho (MSSM GRC), Mark Silverberg (Toronto GRC)
- Primary Clinicians: Karen Boland MD, Mark Lazarev MD
- Members: Wei Chen PhD, Jose Clemente PhD, Louis Cohen MD, Jean-Frederic Colombel MD, Shishir Dube MD, Greg Eustace MD, Jeremiah Faith PhD, Boyko Kabakchiev PhD, Emebet Mengesha, Phil Schumm MS, Yashoda Sharma PhD, Michelle Smith PhD, Joanne Stempak MS, Ryan Ungaro MD, Ting Wang PhD